Sunday 14 August 2016

My village

Today I discovered from two friends, one Italian who saw the announcement in the Press yesterday, that the Maire and four associates have resigned.

 http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Vienne/Actualite/Politique/n/Contenus/Articles/2016/08/17/Angles-sur-l-Anglin-le-maire-et-quatre-elus-demissionnent-2811528
 
I am not surprised. They have had a battle.
I THINK it is to do with the fact that the Management of the Chateau and the Centre d'Interpretation de Roc aux Sorciers has been taken over by a company from Dordogne and something about insufficient care about PATRIMOINE! This is only what I ahve been informed!
All this organised by higher authorities.
Ok, ticket prices are inexpensive for one but I think expensive for a family, and the guided visits are only open until the end of August. I must go next week!
I met people oit and about before July who were seriously upset that they had come to this plus beaux village only to find they could not acces the inside of either monument! 
The grue ( crane)  has been in place since about March...( what is THAT costing!?).  I have only ever seen it work the once which was amazing but as I don't live in the Chateau I don't always know what goes on down there or even in the High Town.   I must go and see what they have done inside. I am told they have made pathways and therefore ruined the natural grass of what was left on the ground floor plan!
MAYBE we need the ENGLISH to breach La Tranchée d'Anglais encore and give the French something to think about!  JOKE!

I am sad because I think the new Maire and his team were doing their very best with the higher authorities where they have had no control of expenditure etc.

This is a tourist village and in the winter there are not enough people and in the summer it is heaving.

How can a village survive with such demands unless it is given support?

The Tourist Office has survived this year but next year there may be no money to employ anyone! 

I have just been translating and reproducing the leaflets in English for tourists. Would you believe the Tourist Office did not have any?

SERIOUSLY, this village is too split with factions, organizations and associations and the different groups need to work together. We can't even get Credit Agricole to install 'un distributeur' (cash withdrawal machine and I witnessed over 20 inquiries, only for visitors at Book festivals and ordinary days to be told they have to go to the next town(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.