Friday 17 February 2012

Recovery

It's good to know I can bounce back more quickly these days.  Springtime is screaming to get me more fit and the winter weight shrieks to be shed. So it's avocado pears, conference pears, a wee portion of goat cheese and Nairn's oat biscuits that is loving and plenty.  Tired of winter fuel, snow, ice, sub-zero temperatures and the Michelin-woman effect of clothing even though it has been fun and challenging.   Longing for summer frocks and freedom, bike rides and speedy walks unhampered.  Yearning to have a working bathroom. Desiring bubbles for my very own French salle de bain.
I made my computer take a break. Two successful days of abstinence were achieved but I needed to word-process and translate into French an important document that needs to be printed in duplicate.  My fingers had a rest from typing.  There is the worry that arthritis or rheumatism is creeping in and causing horror.  Needing an ambiance to play the piano and accordion.  It is the least of my problems and less of a problem than many of my age, younger or older have to contend with. We must be grateful for good health when we have it.  It is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.