Thursday 6 December 2012

Phase Eight - fourth week

Continuing to get chipboard as flat as possible. I'm really impressed how my friend uses a straight metal bar to find the very slightest of rises on the cement floor. Although he used the grinder to make the cement more level, the chipboard began to move up and down very slightly in some places. Ingeniously, he manages to put 'mousse expansive' below the chipboard to counteract the problem.  Lots of vacuuming lifting every particle of dust made us seem obsessive but any minor particle can create a problem with floor level. We re-painted the walls with the same colour to erase the minor grubby marks. It was first painted 29 months ago! Day 3 - lengths of oak parquet are arranged on the floor starting at a central line.  Important consideration has been given to measuring and problem solving, so that doors can be trimmed to open and close above what will be the new floor level. there is a slight change of floor level between rooms.  Day 4 was a rest day but I took advantage to attend a pottery class. Day 5 - DIY shopping day and the TAX MAN!!!!!!

  • I still won't pay to update Google Legacy storage plan.  HENCE even though I have just deleted some photos from Picasa, the system will not allow me to upload photos for this posting.
  • Why has Picasa absorbed all the photos from my laptop?
  • Does it mean this blog is full and I have to start another?
  • How can I stop it doing that?
    Do I really have to pay to enter photos onto this Google Blog?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.