Wednesday 26 December 2012

The wind went oomph

whilst I cycled mainly downhill to La Creuse at Lurais, then to Fontgombault,  uphill out of the ravine to return to my village. It was a route, I told myself, I could attempt in perhaps 3 hours. And so the day had arrived!  I could have a Christmas day picnic of smoked salmon in fig bread accompanied by Cheverny white wine, with a clementine followed by strawberry tea! 
Several cars passed me on the bicycle.  I saw one human, fishing, opposite my impromptu chosen spot by the river, where I'd found a proper stone seat under weeping willow trees, with sunshine glittering on water.
On the return journey, three English setters bounded towards me. Fortunately, a fence was between us. A human called, whilst in the woods, to a dog called TempĂȘte.
On the return journey I sang a number of carols badly. Surprisingly this helped the difficult breathing whilst pedalling slowly up slopes which were hills.  I'm out of practice with gears... and unfit! There was no other human creature even in the heart of the village. Back through my gates and the black cloud burst itself and what a downpour there was. Lucky me!
20km or 12½ miles with probably a 20 minute or so picnic break.
Apx 8km per hour!  I was not in a hurry!
I think I might like to walk it one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.