Monday 14 October 2013

L'Art et Lard - Le Petit-Pressigny 2013

I would love several of these in my garden.
The walking story leaflet does not clearly name the sculptor.
Possibly Jacques Cancre.
Oh to be an iron lady!   Foolishly, I thought my foot would cope with a little wandering if I was mainly left at the English Tea Tent, but it didn't work out like that as my friend's husband didn't come with us. A second able bodied person was needed with three children under the age of 5 on scooters whilst Mummy pushed a double buggy! She managed to see fewer than half of the exhibitions.
My plan was that they would do the trail, report back to me what they thought was worthy and take me to the location in their car. Haha!
I saw a few exterior metal sculptures and the origami sculptures of Lisette des Flots who is always so warmly welcoming as was Rieja van Aart, a photographer and organiser of the event.
By the time I had unexpectedly supported my friend,  I needed supporting as my foot started to burn. This was controlled to some extent by several paracetamols!
Winter Origami
At least I got out into the big wide world as I haven't seen it since being in Cornwall AND I bought a bottle of THE BEST walnut oil from L'huilerie Lepine.  Their open days at Availles-en-Chatellerault are 16 and 17 November, but like apples, there are few walnuts this year! Now, I'm pooped and the roofers will be coming this week!  I've slept a lot as I have done most of the week and the brain feels rather foggy but at last the DVT injections have ended!

1 comment:

  1. RiF... the metal statue sculptor was Jaques Cancre... he'd tucked one of this cards surreptitiously into the similar one by J.Dallais "Promenade."

    I also liked the origami tree... and her outfit!! And her obvious enthusiasm and bubbliness!!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.