Thursday 25 December 2014

Bon Noel and Happy New Year

To you all. To all of you.
I hope that Pére Noël brought you kindness, peace, hope, shelter, food, warmth, love.  It is a wonderful thing to be cared for, to have friends, to live and to love, to gift whatever we can.
Thank you all.
I can understand why an island is a wonderful place. However, I didn't do the Christmas Day picnic. I succumbed to a wonderful meal after a walk which was enough.  I wished my legs could have walked further along the sands...but it is quite hard work and one is never sure how far from base one has wandered!
I started this post on 25th but am publishing on New Year's Eve. I didn't have the mental energy or time to post using the ipad whilst on the island.  Since then, having returned home, it took me almost two days to prepare for a pretty table dinner for guests, then there was the clearing up, then there has been going out with friends over this festive season -  a sharp contrast to last year, when I continued to nurse my bunion, biceps tendonitis, woodburner and jigsaw!
I am sure you are glad for me that this year I am happy!
There will, I hope, be some postings about my island holiday and a few other pics.
Meanwhile I am trying to write a fact or fiction piece for a writing competition!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and may 2015 bring you peace and good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonne Annee. Best wishes for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year RiF...
    may 2015 be kind to you...
    may your projects sing...
    and your potager flourish...
    may the sun shine on your cycle rides and walks...
    and your journeys hither and thither...
    T&P

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.