Tuesday 1 March 2016

First March and a dragon!

Image result for dragons
I would like the imminent arrival of my friend, to be so, rather than a foe, but I can imagine his frustrations experienced by such a sensible and capable person, when I have daily frustrations with me, myself, I, personally, within the circumstance that I live.

However, I am up against acquiring estimates from reliable electricians as well as to find those who I have confidence. A discussion today with a friend who knows one of those who has been here to estimate the cost, set me back into DOUBT... aaaargh...

Then there is the flooring. I feel confident about my choice if it is still in the shops. I would like wood! Having just oiled one oak floor it doesn't take so long to dry if one warms the 50 / 50 mixture beforehand and does not slather on too thickly.  Two coats done!!!  The linseed / turps has changed the colour of the wood, now looking bright and shiny!  The other two oak floors need one more coat. I was stopped in my tracks with back problems in November after I had moved furniture and oiled the floors on my knees......

Then there is the furniture and the positioning of the appliances. The placement of the oven is still grieving me... I would like it mid level but I do not want it to impose visually in the room where one steps down into the room which has four doors and a window. I am convinced to go for the U shape rather than the L shape so hopefully my friend will be patient and offer advice suggestions on the last detail.

I have measured out the floor plan and the wall plan and have even taped where the splashback, extraction unit, plugs, switches and lighting have to go.  Have not chosen the splashback.   I do have an IKEA plan ... fourth model... but it will have to be re-verified for items because I have changed the positioning a little!

If we have to do the flooring, take a break, do the electrics, take a break, get the IKEA stuff , take a break , order appliances, take a break and then install it all then so be it!!!!!!!!!!!

If he gives up on me then so be that too!!!!!!!!
I hope not.

Now, to stop blogging and posting and wasting other task time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.