Sunday 31 March 2019

Today I made

Today I made:

CHICKEN LIVER PATÉ
300g chicken livers (remove sinews) which cost 1.60 euros
150g butter, diced
finely sliced / roughly chopped red onions and garlic sauteed in olive oil 
dried thyme leaves
salt, black pepper,
5 juniper berries and a pinch of ginger powder but you could use allspice, nutmeg etc...
add cream if you wish... I don't but I do add brandy, sherry or port.

1. Sauté onions and garlic slowly ...
2. Sauté chicken slowly...
3. Put all into food processor with seasonings and an eggcupful of sherry or .....  with the 2/3 butter and process until smooth.
4. Pour into small ceramic containers. Add a thin layer of brandy.
4. Melt the extra butter gently... do not burn... pour onto the patê.   Leave to cool.
5. Seal top with clingfilm or other means.
6. Refrigerate.

and for the apero group this evening which I have not been to for YONKS:

MUSHROOM QUICHE

Ready made puff pastry (Although I love making pastry, I am a fan of quality French ready made)
Sauté sliced or chopped red onions and garlic and lay as a base onto the pastry.
Spread over a can of sliced mushrooms (apx price 1.10 euros) having sieved off the liquid.
Cover with a beaten mixture of eggs, milk or cream, seasoned.
Sprinkle dried thyme leaves overthe whole quiche.
Bake 175C...





No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.