Monday 1 April 2019

No fool like an old fool

1546 John Heywood cited this proverb as one of his collected English proverbs.
It indicates that as a mature and older person one should not make mistakes!  One should have learned one's lessons before now!  Hey ho!

Be that as it may,  here I am with a lot of grass which needs mowing. Reluctant to mow because of using my physical energy, now it has become a necessity to manage the land.   I have no gardener for at least three weeks . Now Time,  Meteo,  Climate are pressing. 

Last year I was unable to mow like this in one day and I had to give up completely by July August paying my gardener to do so! 

Last year it was wet most of March. This year it has been arid.  Gorgeous, crisp, clear blue skies.  It really has been like a summer rather than a spring.  However, beautiful dandelions and daisies had their heads chopped off.   But,  I kept oriental poppies, orchids and a few grape hyacinths which are pushing up through the grass,  as well as circumnavigated  daffodils and tulips!  It has looked rather beautiful with buckthorn, blackthorn, plum blossom on the trees in the neighbouring 'parcelles' of land. I saw that the lilac is emerging... - .... it all seems so early!




Four pics taken before the mow today.....







No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.