Monday 5 August 2013

Angles sur L'Anglin Pyromelodique 2013


It IS tricky to capture night scenes and fireworks.  I was up high and it was interesting to see how the air pressure kept the vapour from the explosives near the ground. The whole valley was filled with smoke so whether or not those near the river saw much will be interesting! The disadvantage was not being able to fully hear the music and spoken account.  I paid my fee but was annoyed that some visitors did not. I suppose 6.50euros for one person is not a great entertainment fee but for a family it must get expensive when then there is the need to eat, drink and participate in the fairground activities. I used to take a picnic before I lived here.  Last year's event was cancelled and the year before I watched whilst sat on the rocks high up at La Huche Corne which was a good position. In 2010 I sat on the Low Town side of the river which was not bad... that was the year the pompiers had to extinguish a fire on the cliff face to many cheers once it was realised it was not part of the drama!  In 2008 or 9, I sat on the High Town side of the river by the first tree and all the years before that going back to 2004 I believe!  Hey ho the years pass!


2 comments:

  1. We were sorry to miss the spectacle. We arrived at Angles last year not realising the event had been cancelled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIF...
    these photos are amazing...
    it looks like Angles is under attack...
    you can imagine les Anglais using their passage towards the Museé of the Sourcerers...
    much better than the "norm" of starbursts in the sky!!
    Love it!!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.