Sunday 4 August 2013

In Memoriam and Celebration

In Memory of my beautiful Aunt Ivy, sister of my father, whose birthday was today and who died many years ago with Alzheimers. Her last words when she had not spoken for a long while were evidently to me as she patted me on the arm and said "Come along" and we walked across the room where another patient had tipped out all the earth from the flowerpots! I have always felt privileged to have known her.
Her eldest daughter who was married on the 3rd August has celebrated 50 years of marriage with her husband. It was a grand family affair in their garden, very relaxed and gentle.  They celebrated the ceremony in July when their son, Mark and his family who live in USA could be in England and their daughter, Carol and her family from Kent could be there at the weekend.

I consider it to be a grand achievement of commitment, dedication, patience, tolerance, determination, endurance, faith, hope, charity and grace and much more. x



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.