Monday 21 April 2014

Numbed not numbered although days are!

My brain is feeling numbed but it is probably exhaustion after five weeks of constantly being on the move, with variable sleep patterns. The sudden Activity and Responsibility after Days of  Leisure...well they weren't without work ... is beginning to edge at Negativity but I am holding it at arm"s length.
I am reminded that when I had to move from England to France I spent six months looking at my stuff, weeping and wondering HOW to dispose of it usefully.....I was also in a state of shock and and bereavement on many counts, plus waiting for a major op, insecure, vulnerable and got at about things that were not of my making!  Eventually, friends came and took music worth probably £100 apx or more to a Dorset Public School who never wrote and thanked me for  it. My friend was furious at their lack of manners.  Friends came and took stuff to the skip including every pay slip I had ever earned including my first job at Woolworth!  Sadly I regret that!!!! Social History!!!!  My daughter took valuable antique clothing etc to sell on eBay with a friend and the friend duped her!

Later, when I moved from there in France to here in France, it was easy peasy to decide what was mine to take, what was mine to leave and what was his to leave. My stuff and now some of his is ready for a team of helpers to declutter! It is true I don't have the energy levels to do it alone!

HE, 'my friend" is having the kind of wobble that I had from January to July 2005. Panic!  which would perhaps explain why he wasn't  so ahead of the sorting as I thought he would be.  Panic of a different kind when one rids oneself of  lock, stock and barrel wanting to disinherit most possessions! People do, do it! Well, we rid ourselves of each other and I know I'm still coming to terms with that but so grateful in many ways for being on my own.

I feel numbed by the viewing of a Car Boot Sale when twice I wandered around and could not see anything I wished to buy... but there were plenty of things that would have held my interest eighteen years ago, when I first became a Francophile! I don't want to collect anything else ... I want to dispose!
My own tat and that inherited on the basis that HE won't me get rid of it sensibly is beginning to impact...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.