Saturday 5 April 2014

Ten Years

It is ten years since losing my career path, the resulting depression on depression of fibromyalgia, a major debilitating op with the loss and recovery of a working bladder,  selling my beautiful 400 year old inn which was the accolade of my life,  moving lock, stock and barrel to France to not my own house, then suffering what I was told was abuse, becoming single again four years ago and buying my very own French maison which had no bathroom. Now it has, with much gratitude to a friend. I am learning to stop the tears, start LIVING and in fact I think I could say that the tears have stopped and laughter has returned!

The story became stuck in a rut on occasions whilst all the while there has been progress.
LIVING never stands still but mountains have to be moved to make it enjoyable and fun.
When I have fun, my younger, inner child laughs and skips with joy.

I recently wrote in my JOURNAL that:-

I feel alive and who I am... comfortable in my skin.
It has taken me longer than ten years to achieve a self- reliant happiness...
and oh how happy I mostly am.

Thank you to everyone who has crossed my path and travelled alongside me on my journey...
Thank you to HIM who made me go from his house , and put me in the position I am in today.. .
maybe it was all meant to be!  I
The door closed and others opened!
Thank you to everyone for their patience, tolerance and understanding, their love and empathy and willingness to see the good in me.  I am in awe and in appreciation of how you have all stood by me!

I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the next ten years have all of the high points and none of the extreme lows of the last ten years.

    Looking forward to catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RiF...
    I think you've climbed over the Wall...
    rather than tearing it down.
    I've always felt that tearing it down is wasted, vengeful emotion....
    even though climbing it, and crossing over to the other side...
    is harder, much harder.
    But it isn't vengeful... it is an achievement... something to celebrate.
    I raise a Biere du Mars towards Suffolk and towards Angles....
    or should that perhaps be Angels?
    Keep happy, keep well...
    and above all...
    keep enjoying...
    LIFE!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.