Monday 28 September 2015

Laundry Room 2010

It was June 2010. My son is super strong and had built his muscles by learning to weld 2m x 1m  or larger thick steel sheets to repair his steel tug.  There were two days of hiring the jackhammer - le marteau-piquer: solid cement that had been poured next to the property had to be removed because we believed it was keeping damp within the interior side of the walls.  It was hard on my hands so we found an old saucepan made out of a weird lightweight material, (not for cooking for us!!) to scoop out debris. It was exceptionally hot on both occasions.




After all had been scooped out, we refilled with the larger stones, then the smaller ones, then covering all with large gravel. It is the width of 'my right' to access to my building but of course 'le droit d'echelle' needs more space for the ladder!  C'est un expression legale. As you see the render was falling off and it is worse now!  I must remember but I need a good Workawayer! The sand was not mine!


The first photo below shows the extent where the lead bath / trough was.. possibly for animal feed but where I am told the lady who spent her childhood here was bathed! Presumably, it was then in an extension to this buiding!
The second photo below shows where the water gutter from my building has to pass through a wall into my garden! Why it didn't go straight through at the higher height I don' know but the lower entrance is the height of the ground on the other side of the wall.
 The next photo shows bedrock that the house wall is built upon at the roadside.
After many hours labour, my son and I cooked sardines al fresco with new potatoes eaten with salads at a picnic table in the back garden. Despite angst we shared happiness whilst bonding mother and son. They were not easy days because of other stuff that was happening. LIFE!



 WELL, that was a long time ago!!! The hair shows fewer grey strands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.