Sunday 27 September 2015

Laundry room 2015

from no sink or work surface to 'a working area' with the recycled, repaired, repainted oak kitchen cabinets, circa 1985, painted in Dulux Quartz Grey.
I don't think I shall be able to store food in here if that red central heating oil fired boiler ignites!  Nor will I be place chocolate or jams on it!  In fact, I think I don't have sufficient knowledge about how it will affect the room which was incredibly rustic when I bought the house.
I heard it roar once when it was lit to prove it worked on the day that I became the owner occupier!  EEEKKK... Do I know what I am doing?
In July I reported on the Laundry Room called in France un buanderie....
So if you go HERE you can see pics...but close that window and then return here to finish reading.....
On the fourth wall is the 4 to 5 year old water boiler chauffeau thermodynamique,  costing in 3k to install, the compressor of which is dead because the installer has not installed it with sufficient venting nor in a room the correct size!!!!!!! and !!!!!!! and !!!!!!! So I currently have no hot water and the problem started October 2014.
THE PAST
Oh and this was some of the state of the laundry room in 2010. A concrete floor that let in water. A old doorway screed render on a bit of cardboard and wood! I shall make a posting of the exterior of this room ... searching through my blog, I can't find reference to any of the exterior or interior of this room being 'improved'.  I went out whilst a friend's son blocked in the doorway!!! No tying in at all! I was not happy! Now, it is well rendered over on the inside and behind the vacuum cupboard. 
 
I have no idea why there was green matchboarding on this part of the original render (cement possibly !!! ggggrrrrrr ) There it is!!! 
If you look at the ceiling the plasterboard or whatever was held up at the edge by timber lengths.  we had to re- do the ceiling but unfortunately did not investigate what was above it! 
I am wondering if this will have to be done as the thermodynamique boiler in the position of that yellow and black thing may have to have a ventilation unit going through the ceiling and the roof! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.