Thursday 11 February 2016

a real oven

Imagine my fortune when three days ago I was offered the opportunity to purchase a freestanding cooking oven and hob!
How more-than-lucky am I!!!!!!!!!!

It arrived yesterday... such lovely, lovely people brought it over and installed all the meticulously clean pieces and made sure it was working!
This, just in time to practice cake baking skills for the next CCC.
I have to admit I am very nervous as I have not baked a cake since August.
Well, I did try to make one in the micro-combi oven but it did was more of a pud than a cake!

Shopping list: eggs!!!!!!!

ADDED NOTE: Have not had an OVEN since August 2015! A micro-combi inherited as a gift in September, a slow cooker and a steamer have been helpful but they are not the same!

3 comments:

  1. It's all beginning to move forward. A mighty big, first step...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy baking!
    Remember to adjust your oven temperature for a fan oven by 20°. 180°C =160° fan.
    The good thing about a fan oven is that you get very little temperature variation throughout the oven, i.e. It's not really hooter on the top shelf and cooler on the bottom. I still tend to put both tins of a sponge cake on the same shelf though, just in case - old habits die hard!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.