Saturday 27 February 2016

Cakes and ill health but now I am betterererer

The recent E-coli UT infection, which I believe I have had for six months, trying to cure naturally, prevented me from going to the CCC.  Damn it!

My first cake baked in my newly second hand oven was not the "Love is in the air" themed planned recipe. HOWEVER I will make it for the next guest!  That'll be a laugh!!!!!!!! (in-joke!)

My first cake baked in my splendid gifted but paid for oven was a Lemon Drizzle cake without icing to share with my friend who likes low sugar products and hardly eats cakes.  I wanted and needed to bake once that course of antibiotics had given me more energy by hopefully wiping out the infection. I am being monitored!

So... cake it was ... butter, sugar, 4 eggs, ground almonds and hazelnuts, maize flour, (the recipe said cornmeal and I got that wrong thankfully!!!) drenched in lemon zest and juice.. nice with  freshly sliced pear...improving with age whilst kept wrapped in the refrigerator!   I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY OVEN!!!!!
Since then I have baked a baby chicken, roasted stuffed red peppers with fennel, roasted veg including a new one for me roasted broccoli and made jacket potatoes...I need English potatoes please!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read that you are feeling better. Hope it lasts and that you have the energy to deal with work on the kitchen. Your cooking sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.