Saturday 13 August 2016

A friend's belated birthday fest in July

Champagne at my friend's house was informal and relaxed.  A walk to the restaurant for lunch, then back to the garden for after lunch chat and an evening barbecue were all with good company, It was nice to eat out.  I like the local restaurant.  Some think it Michelin standard.  The food was exquisitely presented, full of protein but no vegetables!  Maybe I live in the dark ages... However, thank you to all those who invited me.
This was a starter but not mine: foie gras, onion chutney and ???
 This my starter :  a ball of salmon gravadlax with tomato and attention to presentation!


 I break into it!
 This my main course: I break into a sheet of pasta to reveal delicious fresh cod and more tomato!

This was a duck main entree: not mine!
There was local cheese goats cheese followed by birthday cake accompanied by fireworks which was whisked away and converted to desserts for everyone.  Coffee or tea if one wished.

 Here just one of the bottles of lovely Burgundian wines...




No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.