Thursday 11 August 2016

Before fireworks on the same day

"Oh how magazine" says a friend for morning coffee re the kitchen!

We sat for longer than I thought she had time yet I was pleased to chat.
Even though I'd forgotten about my intended trip to Le Blanc, where 350 stalls were showing ancient and modern ware in intense heat,  I went with three hours to spare.  It was worth the pistachio ice cream but I did not find what I was looking for. On the way I took a route that I was not familiar with (was thinking about something else, so travelled much further cross-country than I relished).
On the edge of one of the many woodlands a sleek, golden brown buck bolted across the road looking into my eyes as I approached at speed!
I rather like the fusion of wood and metal and thought of my son who could make something such as this or these.
 Then I thought of at least two friends who like sports vehicles!
The second one is for me!
Whizz home to leftover lamb (all leftover veg had been eaten in three days), quick shower, dress business-like for two hours voluntary work which made my head spin!
Whizz home to calm quiche making from THE FRENCH KITCHEN ... page 55 and my first pastry making session in three years, I am sure!  Bit short but it yummy. Not enough tomatoes in the fridge so adapt with red peppers. No cream so add the festering feta cheese and left over cube of pokey Cantal diced small with Herbes du Provence. YUM. Any bacteria is blasted by the heat!
in the oven
out of the oven, on the new grill, on top of the new induction hob and the lovely silk print of frangipani flowers selected by me from Sri Lanka 20 years ago!



a slice of!
Gently stroll at twilight along places where people gather to watch fireworks as mist hovers above the river pressed down by colder air before the fun of the fair.
(Does that need commas? Perhaps or not?)
Three clicks of the camera and the theatrical stage view changes slightly!
Not often are stages set with people cooking, eating, walking, searching, sitting, waiting for the best viewing place, whilst that grand chateau under repair and fortification has waited for 11 centuries for this day to look down upon us.
It is under new management by a company from Dordogneshire - a company that manages several National Monuments. Unfortunately, the Forteresse and the Roc aux Sorciers will, as far as I know be closed at the end of August, so come this month if you would like tickets for the two sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.