Sunday 9 September 2012

The French are Funny

When I set off on the road bike I noticed that the front wheel direction did not align with the handlebars. Something was not quite right and I didn't have the tool to fix it.  Cycling the hybrid bike which I have not ridden for over a year,  I  flew easily through the village and began the long steep run up the hill nearby the exhibition building of the Magdalennien frieze.  One man from the group approaching,  says "PUSH PUSH" in French of course,  as I come to a halt, uncertain of whether my gears were the same as my other bike. The last rider, my daughter had left it in the lowest gear anyway!  Horrified to hear the whole group of about 15 people saying "POUSSE, POUSSE" I mounted quickly to press the pedals and get going.  Then it was so funny, as one person started to actually push me faster and faster and they and I were all laughing in such FUN!
Now, I don't think the English senior citizens would do that!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.