Sunday 30 September 2012

Pottery

A new term for teaching and learning has begun: there was a 6 hour pottery day, which really is 4 hours split by a 2 hour French lunch!
How amazing that 4 people can donate their contribution creating sufficient for 8 or more! Where was the unexpected guest? In fact there were 5 of us, because a friend of a friend also arrived but I think he also bought tomatoes.The assiette looked  attractive with the tabbouleh, potato and egg salad, home-produced tomatoes (two varieties) and lettuce and my contribution of the raw vegetable/fruit salad as mentioned in my poetry of yesterday.  In addition there were pork products and baguette but I don't eat those.
There for afters was my very yummy French scone, baked with the last of my French black cherry confiture, rather overfilled but the jar was emptied! It amused me to serve an English scone, called a French scone. Ha!

I was so absorbed in concentration whilst making two clay flower heads that I forgot to take a photo. It will appear here maybe at the end of October when the biscuit clay has been fired and then refired with glaze.  I didn't have time to glaze the flower I created in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.