Saturday 13 October 2012

Almost Midnight

......and savouring the first glass of red as I look at the first ever attempt at making a
"Tarte aux Pommes Classique"
Yes, of course I have made many an apple pie that might even have looked me in the eye like this one....... but...... this has had to be special because it is for a competition. It will be my first ever "concours" if I can get it to the destination intact.  The weather is forecast with an ORANGE alert meaning that there are going to floods and floods means RAIN RAIN RAIN... We've already had 18mm in 24 hours and before that 60 mm since Sunday evening. 
It will be scrutinised and tasted by French experts!  I don't favour my chances but everyone who enters gets something, so that in itself will be a reward.  I am doing it for the fun of FIRSTS.  I don't fancy being a judge. They are going to have to taste quite a few tarts!  If there is part of my tart looking still edible, then I am allowed to collect it after prizes have been distributed! 
I WOULD LIKE THE MIDNIGHT FEAST NOW!
Eventually after much decision making I decided not to add lavender to the pastry and not to add cinnamon to the apples.  I thought the taste and texture should speak for itself.
Cheers... I deserve this glass of red!
It's been a wet and whiney day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.