Sunday 28 October 2012

No Humming update

Wasps clamouring to reach the light on the outside of the windows make themselves an easy target for a shoe or flybat! Sleepy wasps on a tiled floor get stamped upon. Today, increasingly colder weather brings another 60 or so, in their death throes, fallen to the ground at the double doorway below the nest entrance.  One lies dead in the spotlight above the bath in my brand new bathroom!!!! The crack in the wall received another spray on Tuesday but being inappropriately dressed, 'though well covered, swiftly did I descend when wasps appeared from east and west!  Thursday, the crack was indirectly blocked by a sheet of metal but as the wall is wonky, they can still exit and enter.  Evidently, green ant powder will do the trick....me thinks I need to drill a larger hole into the wall plus pump it in somehow. The week has passed and the poison control man never even contacted me! Hmph!  My granddaughter was very brave, especially when she found a sleepy one on her clothing.  I look forward to their full departure and am grateful that they don't appear to be humming anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you've managed to swat them all now. We once had a wasps nest in the roof and my husband decided to 'vacuum' them out - the resulting smell will haunt me forever...

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.