Monday 20 May 2013

Lost but always found

It may be May but it hasn't stopped raining for 4 days or so it feels. Today, I've collected at least 20 black buckets of water from the guttering gushing onto the road at the front of my neighbour's house.
(I'm remembering the 1967 film: Far From The Madding Crowd where gargoyles spew rain onto Fanny's grave!)  It's such a grey day! At the back of the house several empty vessels are filled with water from a similar gutter. Must check the level of my water cistern.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to wear my long black WINTER coat for the concert in the church.  This had not been worn since I don't know when.  I need to wear heeled shoes at an appropriate outing to feel elegant. It is a quality woollen coat.  In the pocket, I discovered my reading / driving glasses and oooooooohhh yes, they do improve distance vision!!  I thought I was going to need a new pair but the purse has been SAVED!!!    See..... all things lost in France are found in France!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.