Monday 6 May 2013

Success

(Re-written post) 
My latest creations make a successful contribution to courtyard ambience.  Previously, I made a posting about a wonderful two seater rattan chair, painted blue, adorned with a basket of trailing plants. However, the post / site has been deleted and so too, the photo, which I gave credit to.
Painting garden furniture is not new a new idea but the photo inspired me to find a rattan chair. Lo, Emmaus had one for 4 euros.
Three years ago, I inherited three brown dilapidated chairs, so painted them green, blue and pink. What inspired that I have no idea! Unfortunately, woodworm and weathering have made them  far too shabbychic! The pink one's legs collapsed in a rain storm, so the Valencian floral pot broke as it tumbled. Now I need another trip to Spain. This pink chair almost met the bonfire, but being frugal, I granted it a new life.  Indeed I have sat on that short-legged version and it is most comfortable! It looks as if I have buried the legs in the ground! Never mind THE TATE, I have my own installations HereinFrance!
(Nota bene: see potatoes peeking in a potager when I avowed I would never have another one....it is small taking just 50 seed potatoes, at a squeeze, and already I wish it to be bigger so I can plant beetroots etc.....)



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.