Wednesday 29 April 2015

To the Dorset Sea

We drove in a very nice 'my colour electric blue' Lotus Elan (1991 I think!.. well it was J reg) without great suspension, but suspended I was.  It could do a ton whilst I kept extremely relaxed with regular breathing, heart not quite in my mouth!  I even had a test drive! Safe! Told it was 'school rules' and if I crashed it, I would have to pay. Fair do's. 
After a walk through sheep downs showing the vestiges of Roman vineyards (!!! yes, in England!!!)  we came upon Dancing Ledge.  The historical and geographical information on my return with the assistance of 'the fount of all knowledge' is fascinating!In the old quarry, evidently one of the Dr Who films was taken.  The notice on other grilled and barred entrances said that Greater Horseshoe Bats were in the caves. It was a fascinating place to be with what appeared to be its own micro-climate. I would love to return and do the coastal walk! Such a beautiful experience assisted by a half pint and a Pinot Noir in an English inn!
Captured with my zoom...Maybe a Meadow Pipit?
Dancing Ledge, Dorset

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a Wheatear, RiF....
    and do you know that the most Northerly vineyard in England is currently just outside Leeds...
    at Leventhorpe on the limestone ridge that runs through Kippax....
    the same seam of limestone that breaks surface hereabouts...
    and George has won prizes over here in France for his wines...
    and apparently they taste much like Loire Valley white...
    which, I am not sure... there are so many to choose from!!

    There is a guy in Stirling aiming to be the most Northerly in the UK...
    but he hasn't yet gone into full production, I believe.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.