Wednesday 13 January 2016

Thinking outside of the box

RANDOM THOUGHTS THAT POP INTO MY HEAD ... in this case, as I light the woodburner and look at the crisp clear blue sky.

I have thought this, in this link which I include here ... not so much about his music but his eloquent intellectual style:
he was the one who did open the theatrical door onto a world already heading in that direction of openness in the late 70s...
who did make it OK for people to experiment with who they are to find their true person.
This man who has just died seems to have almost a godly persona .. and I believe he really has walked into the gates of heaven!   I also believe that his life, now ended, will ricochet causing new positive developments in a modern world which is already changing.

The BBC one can share the link:   http://bbc.in/1n7er5h  
and if that link does not work:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/d5c291be-258c-4217-922e-38f9d78de878

and so I do agree ....

For some months, I've been trying to fathom out why my daughter is as she is... I have been thinking that her because it is my opinion that she has not been using her creativity, her intelligence, her happiness, her  complex talents...one would perhaps think she isn't very intelligent but she has deep, deep knowledge that is blocked for some reason.   She finds it difficult to be consistent - don't many of us?  That in itself is a consistency in that she is inconsistent!!!!!!
Creativity is important.. people cannot live around the internet...I know this about my own behaviour.  Two different peas in a pod!

As a young, naive person with television in the house, which I didn't often like to watch when family did on a boringly basis,  I didn't know about the REAL world but I did tap into the aural one.  We had loud, non stop rock music in our houses, once I'd left home. I also played classical stuff as a music student, until I managed to find Radio 4 and 'Woman's Hour' in my life.   My husband played Indian music.  One rental was a student house, the next in the middle of a field attached to a neighbour  was a house sit where we were mindful of sound levels. Another was a detached house in the middle of rural England where the nearest neighbour was some distance!   Great years for feeling a sense of freedom and an attempt at 'the good life'.  They were the times, the early 1970s when even though one was a rebel one still did what establishment said ... for example, following what the BABY BOOKS said about babies... and I very much regret their advice to leave the screaming child who needed a hug to sob itself to sleep!!!!!!!

The internet for me is a wonderful tool for personal self learning and to learn about psychology, but as David Bowie said it comes with a WARNING LABEL: those are not his words.   He warns of the creativity of the tool but also of the dangerous aspects which indeed that prophecy is indeed true.

In the last 24 hours I have discovered a very interesting man... also suffering from a common phenomena of anxiety about the world and self.

He thought outside of the box. In my younger years I too was encouraged to think sideways. However, my problem was that I was never proactive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.