Monday 15 July 2019

Mess to clear and clean

On my return, I had three hours to clear a mad packing frenzy mess,  created by me and only me, where I did a big reject at the last minute packing moment.  As well as that mess,, I had to prep the courtyard for dining,  as well as clean my house.  It was clean when I left it!  Oh, where did all those weeds come from in one week?
I was ready by some miracle having secreted some things waiting to be tidied.

Three were bringing lunch.  I was to provide cheeses and dessert.  Then I had an idea for a surprise afternoon extra, but did not have time to get to the village shop.
I had to move the car, then agreed to look at a vide-grenier about 20 metres from my house. The centenarian, now in a home with his wife as a couple, had a vast barn full of 100 year old and more planks of old wood, and many interesting items gathering dust from another life.

Lunch was spinach and salmon quiche, couscous and salade.  Morbier was the cheese course and cafe gourmand the dessert.
We started with Cremant de Loire bubbly and moved to Pinot Grigio sparkling.
We set off for the village fete.  I lost the girls several times, then her husband didn't seem to be with them, but at the Chevrolets, they all disappeared.
I kept meeting people I knew.....long story for another time maybe.....
Eventually, waylaid at the deceased artist's house, I realised they might have gone home, me not knowing the time. Ah, there they are. Just arrived.
Fortunately, whilst in the process of searching for them, I sourced ingredients from the village shop (a tub of icecream 6e +) and from the bakery, meringues ( not their own 2e+) .  On reflection maybe it was a reasonable price. I am really out of touch with prices which seem to be soaring.
The packet of supermarket frozen berries were thawing. 
The surprise for me guests was Mint tea from my garden with ETON MESS, which went down a dream.  I used my beautiful HABITAT glass bowls.
Too soon after long fun tales of their GR70 trail they were on their way home for the evening.
We talked a little about my city walk but there isn't much for me to tell seasoned Parisian visitors, although I am sure there are sufficient enough tales in history for a century of conversation.  It was my learning experience of wandering and meeting whatever occurred before me.
Joy in giving and receiving.
It is so lovely to have vibrant friends.
It was a really happy day for me.
And now a lot of MESS for the dishwasher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.