Sunday 7 July 2019

only in France...unexpectedly something delightful happens

Intense heat of the canicule continues.
The doorbell ... bell at the gate ... tinkles at 5pm. 
Fortunately, I was dressed in better clothes.  Unusually in white - feeling cool and relaxed after an anxious day. Never liking the clothes I have and uncertain of image, I had been trying on summer clothes not worn even last summer.
"Les choses pour les valises".  How little could I take?
My usual style is to throw all options into the bag and vehicle.
 But this time I must choose only what I can carry.
It has been a long while since I experienced BIG CITY life in a Summer.
I intend to walk to test the GROIN PAIN.

To stem the still small voice of quiet I've been playing music .... started with George, Neil and now more blues. I need a better sound system!  I transgress.
 
Wow... it is the tall elegant man who with his beautiful tall lady started my venture into hospitality. He is alone today with his lovely dog.
They've bought a French dream of  a 'pas habitable property' not far from here.

One of his first questions was 'how was business?'  He perceived a demise in the village - He spoke of  fools who close a village shop for two weeks in June - such fools to close restaurants.

I feel hugely lifted in my spirits at the kindness of beautiful people.
They had sometimes passed, but often, too late in the evening! 
So now it happened.   I am grateful that people remember me.
This couple were my first accidental bnb  couple.
( I remember being in a Spanish village with my son and we arrived at about 9 in the evening to a heaving village. No room at the inn. The kindness of the hotelier who disappeared for some while and found us accommodation!  We followed to an upper level. the noise was horrendous. I had to sleeo with my sons' stinky feet. He was oblivious to the partying in the village. I was grateful for a bed!)

I was so nervous at bringing people into my house. Since then I have met wonderful genuine, kind people, great friends in passing, as well as a few who do not get me and it, about my style of serving hospitality to people.
I would never have had this opportunity in UK.
Times have changed . I always said I would have got lodgers if I hadnt come to France... Then Airbnb was almost about to hit the SCENE but I never knew that!

Now I am more relaxed but ever cautious. 

His dog was a bouncy hairy Schnauzer, who actually obeyed my voice.
A playful puppy, regal and elegant,  like his owners.
I can understand my mother liking them... (as long as they don't get thick set in the haunches! )

Maybe I should get that Saluki or Borzoi if it could be such a good friend and company BUT dogs are smelly!
I would love another cat but no not yet.
Adventures must be available for me to go to travelling a little! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.