Thursday 12 April 2012

The Bathroom

Q: How am I getting along with bathroom renovations? 
A:  Yes, it's two months since I blogged about a bath and having a laugh.
Yes, since then work stopped for 2 weeks whilst I went to UK.
Yes, since then, wall tiles have been grouted.
The walls have been painted but may need further coats as I did not get quite the colours I envisaged.
Plumbing of waste water is more or less done.
Other plumbing is all installed but has to be tested after the connection is made with the pipes that come from the chauffeau thermodynamique (posh water heater that absorbs heat from the room!)
The sink shelf had a set back in that my choice of sink was wrong.... although it was the correct size for the table top.  Somehow, it always did have a question mark about it and yet I didn't want to give up on it. However, the deciding factor WAS that the through route was thought to be too narrow between the corners of the sink and the bath.   A corner sink was suggested but a more dramatic look was required by me.  I have little energy but after a mad 4 hour round trip, I found a sink, not of the correct dimensions, but something I thought would work and it cost too much!  Hey ho!!!!! I'm looking forward to cleaning my teeth as I look into it and it is made of glass!!!!!
The bath is in situ, insulated with sheets of fibre-glass wadding with the bath panel being built.  Tricky to get measurements exact so that the tiling fits neatly on. But my friend is doing well despite whatever he thinks.
So far, so good.
I hope to report a more finished room ... SOON!!!!!!!
We are very tired.
Four short days is all we can do. If I ache, then so must he.
I think mine must be the fibromyalgia again!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.