Thursday 10 January 2013

Tours, France

Recently a visit was possible on two different days because I had to deliver and collect a friend from the airport, which is more than an hour's journey from where I live.  On the first day I wandered, re-acquainting myself with the town, walked the long length of the outdoor antiques market after browsing the Christmas chalets.  Photos tell something of a story for the second day, but I forgot to record the beautiful île-flottante dessert.  My solo dining experience lasted almost two hours. It was a treat for being single.  Aha!  My adventure took me to the flower market for anemones as the art gallery was closed.  A nightmare ensued as I was not allowed to use the 3d kitchen planner with the whole of France circumnavigating the IKEA 'pathway', which I skipped (as in deviated from).  Tired, I headed to a basic hotel to read and watch tele as I don't have one at home! I took my own duvet, turned the radiator to HOT and indulged in 'cosy and comfortable'.
Sunrise
The flooded River Gartempe
The day dawns
as I frequently stop to capture the sky.
 

and mist above L'Anglin.
and water at a weir.
My lunch starter - St Jacques
No place was left unseated.
Main course - Salmon
A huge goats cheese platter


The Carousel
Le Prefecture where the Truffle Fair was held.
Beyond me!
The trams are not yet on track.


THIS IS POST 200.

1 comment:

It would be lovely to hear what you think.