Tuesday 12 November 2013

Double troubles

I think I have tried to post photos in too large a format not having learned how to edit to smaller size using iPad. I may have to investigate a friend's method for publishing photos but everything takes so long.  Evidently there is more than one method.  This is an aide-memoir of what I did.
1. go to photos on iPad which have been downloaded from camera. 
2. select with a tick then click square in bottom left which opens new window and click copy.
3. go to new post and press screen and click paste...
4. then I clicked publish so as not to lose effort.
5. then edit title and text as I am doing here.
6. click DONE and
7. click SAVE...... this last is very important or one loses a post like I did a few days ago..
8. click publish ... this is also very important or else no photo!!!
9... but  since writing this I click on the camera icon on edit post, select a photo from my iPad, copy it, position cursor where photo is to be positioned, and paste. 

ROOF and FOOT update:

My foot is still tender and being unable to wear a normal shoe I have not yet driven,  except I am being driven round the bend with roofers and home confinement. Fortunately, no one else is here to suffer my lapses!!!! 


The last tiles were laid on Friday and the hole by the chimney was left uncovered so the lovely rain that afternoon trickled down the chimney wall in the grenier and I did not know. At mid afternoon on Saturday I thought I had better check in the attic; plastic sheets and buckets came to the rescue...as did the patron of the business whom I telephoned. On Tuesday morning I heard my teacher's voice emerge to the normally very good workers to explain that it was irresponsible and lacking in thought to leave no flashing around the chimney, aka a hole!   I think they were so tired on Friday afternoon and looking forward to the long weekend when they told me all was safe as the roof was covered! It can't be an easy job. I wouldn't  like to have to work in the rain or heat of the sun. They were contrite.
The site is being cleared and cleaned. Guttering is being installed. The dormer window will have to wait
as it has to be made to measure. 
I am hoping that we can celebrate their hard work and congratulate their endurance and tolerance of the English Lady who asks a lot of questions and expects high standards. 
But I have provided coffee three times a day and they have used my kitchen every day to eat their meal. I am very impressed that they eat healthily and with variety.  If only they realised me how dangerous smoking is! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.