Tuesday 19 November 2013

Roof pre replacement and a healing foot

I can't access older photos until I get my laptop repaired but if you click on the link below you will access a photo near the start of  this blog.

My house roof before replacement. Terracotta flat tiles and plastic guttering.

Now my roof has ardoise because the pitch was incorrect to meet modern regulations for flat tiles. However, artisans had to raise the pitch anyway because they had to instal a panne faitiere so maybe I could have had flat tiles. hmmm......ANYWAY, I am very pleased with the result. Let's forget about an empty pocket!  I would suggest that money disappears at the speed of light to the comment from Doris Lessing that life disappears faster than water down a plug hole, Nevertheless, I have peace of mind that timbers are not going to collapse in my lifetime in this house and who knows how long that will be? ! I saw and felt how soft and broken the rafters and beams were when on the ground. Another metaphor!  I've been soft and broken when on the ground. I started to write ...haha.. here, but it was no joke.
END of story. I am trying to change the story.

A SHORTER STORY:
Yesterday, I drove to Poitiers ... a long drive there and back; my foot was just a little sore.
The surgeon almost danced with pleasure when he saw my foot...I'm not sure if it was an act or not. He said it had healed remarkably quickly;  he was impressed with my concoction even writing that in his report.   He is extrmely efficient. He dictates the report to his secretary after the consultation whilst one is there and then she collects payment afterwards.  When I said I was so very tired he said that it was not surprising as I'd had no physical or emotional  support needing to be mobile for the builders. He demonstrated how most patients at this stage after an op are still hobbling because they are French and from the SOUTH  and gave me facial grimaces which portrayed their attitude to recovery... and yet he hadn't seen me walk. I told him I need my foot to be mobile because it is liberté referring to the French trilogy..... Freedom is my achievement! Such a kindly man and how refreshing to have a fun, full of life surgeon... of course that is his job to replenish lives... to make lives easier for the human condition, to help people move and  allow Cinderella to go to the ball ... I am of course still waiting for those silver slippers!  My treat will be when I can wear my heeled boots and summer shoes to be mor feminine. Footloose and fancy free is what I wish to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.