Thursday 14 November 2013

We bless this house - une belle toiture




Time to celebrate,  so please raise a toast to my new roof.

The three artisans raised a glass of Cremant de Loire at lunchtime to the little bird installed on high whilst the rain and hailstones blessed the roof.  Before the light faded from the day they had cleaned up and ended the project which started on 17 October.  It looks so pretty and time will tell how it functions.   I wish to live within the attic but it is not yet habitable and on my income is unlikely to ever be so.  The lucarne window is being made to measure and will be fitted in January.
 I am knackered especially cos I looked after the twins this morning.  They are so delightful . They each talk demandingly at the same time so it is very hard to listen to each one and give full attention without ignoring the other... they are only aged two.  I lifted sods of grass beneath the rose arch and we  planted tulip bulbs, putting them in their beds to sleep for the winter, then we made marks on paper with coloured pencils and pens whilst I showed educational posters of "The Owl and the Pussycat" and I sang the poem and other rhymes. They had drinks and biscuits whilst I made the men coffee. They wanted the Easter bunny to make chocolates in the garden. What good memories they have!!! Instead, we made little pancakes which they had for pre-lunch before mummy took them home.

I am also wondering if there is something else wrong as I am so tired and have no physical energy.  The upper arm pain of almost three months is limiting.

Anyway, the good news is that my house looks so different and I feel proud for it. Yes indeed, for it.  Worth every centime but where is my sports car, kitchen and grand piano and my round the world travel ticket?  I jest in part.... I am lucky.

FOR blessings we do appreciate order rather than chaos in life...my heart cries for those who have no roof above their heads for reasons adverse and intemperate...hopefully whatever small amount we can offer will be used to provide food, water, shelter, medical care and will be distributed ASAP to save more lives and give dignity to humanity.   Blessings are needed.

1 comment:

  1. Very many congratulations on the new roof. Sorry to hear you are so pooped though. Why don't you look into getting someone on a working holiday for a week or so?

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.