Thursday 19 December 2013

Diary entry for 18th December


It's now Friday 20th December evening and I am listening to Handel's Messiah.
Thanks to Google I can do a back posting just to confuse any of you who are reading these scripts! 
Wednesday December 18th 2013 - 12 noon
It’s a new day and am I reeling or not?
Returning from three weeks in English highly centrally-heated internal living environments to an 8 degree room environment yesterday evening, I was grateful for the rising temperatures of 10 degrees and a tatch by the following midday 
Yes, I have enjoyed coming back to my house. 
With silence about me unless I turn on the radio, the thoughts stream in about the last three weeks, the people I have met, the experiences I have had, the opportunities missed, the unexpected and the expected events and emotions.
A walk to the boulangerie ensures that I speak to someone. My housebound neighbour’s daughter exclaims that I have been away a long time.  The high-pitched elderly man who lives in my street further towards the village gathers info that I've been to England to be with family. Villagers love a little gossip and intrigue about a single, elderly, (I'm only 60 something!) English female and what is she doing in this village far from her family and friends…. And well may they speculate for it is the never-ending question that I ask myself again when I climb the slope in my French street, marvelling at what goes on and why on earth I have spent so much on a roof ( hear the expletives!!!) and a house ( it's all mine and house rentals throughout my life would have amounted to the same!!!) when I can’t spend that on a vehicle or grand piano or travelling!
Oh oh oh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.