Tuesday 18 August 2015

Angles sur L'Anglin Painting Competition

A few weeks ago in July there was a village 'one day' painting competition. There were few participants as painters were perhaps deterred by poor weather. However, as this is a new event organised by the village and not by any particular artist or business, I was told that there would be better advertising next year. Evidently, some promotional information was not published in the local press or elsewhere.  I could only find two painters during the afternoon. In the photo below my favourite art work is on the lower level to the left.  The painter was from the south of department 86 and of Asian extraction. She talked to me about the difficulty and pressure to produce a worthy creation within only a few hours. I loved the way she daubed colour onto the canvas with a palette knife to represent reflections in the river.  In fact I am sure she had erased quite a few by the time they were displayed for the public to view.  If you think you would like to participate next year then contact the Mairie or Tourist Office.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.