Thursday 13 August 2015

Canal du Garonne - Posting One

One month ago my friend, for he is a friend, despite my difficulties with emotional attachment wished to look at a boat, and I wished to look at a chateau. He was unfortunately or fortunately first with his idea because I was still researching mine, and because the boat would not wait.  Chateaux will and do. I just didn't want to be in my house and in my village for my birthday... so it was rather wonderful weather, excellent camping, and amazing wheeling on bicycles along the Canal du Garonne.
So.... this was somewhere near Bergerac....
here were bridges across the canal....
here is the first pics of 'les ecluses et les eclusiers' ..which I started to document by number but I can't see the number over the door!!!!




up higher than the canal various villages... and scenes...





We got home after DAY 2 to my birthday meal at a wonderful campsite...

and the stress of being photographed whist I was tired, hungry and in need of a chill-out!
It was more than OK.  I was glad to be 'not at home' and doing something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.