Sunday 16 August 2015

Canal du Garonne - Posting Four

On Bastille Day we climbed high to the village...we were almost level with them as they were released from the river.
This wonderful commercial building, a former bar restaurant with herbegement is for sale.  Maybe it experiences flooding on occasions! This part faces the river. The light was glorious! It seemed to have an Italian quality.. not that I have ever been to Tuscany but is what I imagine!


This is the FOR SALE sign at the front of the property.

I am glad I went to explore the river before seven one morning.  The river is the lowest for many years and boats were restricted from travelling.  Steam is rising as the sun rises.




 The Canal in each direction...
I wandered down the lane...
to find more old tobacco drying sheds which have special shutters be opened to control ventilation.
I rather like this photo! Like a painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.