Saturday 8 August 2015

Dishwasher and Gratitude

After prepping, cooking and serving a delicious evening meal for six adults a week ago, there was clearing and washing up to be done all alone, well after eleven pm.  As it took at least two hours of focussed organisation,  I decided I would get the dishwasher NOW.
There were apero glasses for Vouvray and then wine glasses, apero dishes, main meal plates and cutlery and before I could say "keep plates and cutlery", they were stacked, and we had to have new ones for cheese and 'salade', then bowls for 'dessert' which was a Charoseth, a dried fruits salad with grated apples, then coffee cups and oh I found some Pineau as a digestif, so more glasses!
Everyone helped to decamp stuff from the end of the garden just before the street lights went out. They had five minutes to walk home.  Even at gone past 2.30 am was I folding down the parasol, collecting the tablecloth as a thunderstorm brewed, only discharging between 6 and 10ml of rain!!!
We are in the canicule ... a drought!
It is also true that about midnight my daughter and I were doing FACETIME just for 30 minutes whilst I tried to settle her emotional rollercoaster!  It was a welcome break to doing the dishes and although I wished to leave the washing  and wiping up to the morning I was so glad I did it so that I did not have to FACE IT the next day. My annoyance was that another in the house never verbally made a comment! 
INTERRUPTION TO MY POSTING :    I have to let go of resentment!!!!! I am trying to release myself from resentments, bitterness, jealousy, anger, frustration, annoyance, irritability with others who do not meet my needs and ideals...    I am trying to be more grateful for the moment and the goodness of all that is happening in my life. 
I must celebrate and see the good in the negative moment.. 
I MUST LEARN instead of carrying, pushing and pulling!!  Is that the reason for why my neck and wrists are hurting? I have to leaarn to LET GO! I have to learn to WELCOME GOODNESS IN...................................I have to learn GRATITUDE.................................. 

I last had a dishwasher... a lave-vaiselle,  about five years ago. It was inherited with the dark kitchen in which I could not establish the condition of anything. One bought a house and not a kitchen!  The dishwasher was poorly. Before that, I don't remember having one at the other French house, so it was 2002 when I last experienced the joys of loading and unloading.
In my own house, alone, I have come to enjoy 'doing the dishes' as a form of meditation and keeping warm in the winter. I learned to pride myself on beginning to keep surfaces free of dripping dirty or clean dishes! In the previous house I hated washing up, the darkness, dirt and grime beyond the dishes! I cannot explain in text! It was one of the elements that caused separation, resentment and the rest!  The planned window never arose because we realised the stupidity of outting a window into a North facing wall. French farmhouses in this region rarely have a window in the wall that receives the winter winds and rain.

I went to Auchan and compared several white machines, eventually rejecting the Bosch for the Electrolux and I am not displeased!  Before making the final decision I compared the silver fronted ones with my two prime choices.  I am convinced that the dishwasher uses less water than washing and rinsing stuff out in the outhouse BUT it definitely saves me walking such long distances...
I am so grateful for a dishwasher!
Steamed then Baked Rice with pistachios, saffron, cinnamon etc
Steamed veg - white cabbage, carrots, courgettes
Chicken, sun dried tomato and sweet red pepper kebabs marinaded in garlic, onion, sun- dried tomatoes and tarragon!
At a late stage in the proceedings, a pic seemed a good idea!
Stacked on the table to drip dry on tea-towels.
and more!
The Laundry Room ( La Buanderie).  One wall complete with dishwasher!
That vacuum cleaner is supposed to be in the cupboard where doors conceal a tall cupboard! The cuboards are painted Dulux Quartz Grey and that is the end of that paint can!

1 comment:

  1. Food looks good and the diswasher will also be labour saving. Will it stay in the laundry room or eventually end up in the kitchen?
    We are heading back to the UK until October. Life is busy, but Tom arrives back on Thursday. Looking forward to more pics as the kitchen progresses.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.