Wednesday 22 July 2015

La Buanderie progress

Unedited photos of La Buanderie.. end of Phase One! Once just four walls now one wall has fitted kitchen cabinets which are the recycled brown ones from the kitchen! BRILL!  I have been very impressed by the look which is admittedly a bit glossy but that's 'cos I have used up the paint I had from five years ago! Quartz Grey.  There is space for a dishwasher. Above the sink will go another 70 x 40 cupboard.
 I'm a Persil Girl!
The thermodynamique boiler is supposed to absorb heat from the room,  but since October it has made gggrrrrring noises waiting for an electrician. One arrived and changed a valve as water was escaping out of it... and he never came back... so now I am waiting for another electrician and he hasn't turned up when he said he would!
Moving anti clockwise round the room is the door to the kitchen and a window to the atelier which can be opened... the other window cannot be opened for ventilation. 
Look at this huge machine for the central heating system. Now if I could get the last three radiators back on the walls and the plumbing for them finished then I could get the machine verified by an expert (it was working when I bought the house), order fioul and be tickety boo warm in winter!!

On this wall is now food storage ... picture later...
I would like fixed floor to ceiling shelving! I have to leave a door width space on the wall to open the vacuum storage cupboard door. As you can see by looking at the floor tiles the wall is off square!
Look behind the machine. The EXPERT man needs to fix a wire that for some reason goes across it!
I am indebted to the volunteer man who five years ago was and is my former partner. He who made the room dry and who recently has prepped and installed the recycled units. The hydrofuge worktop was from Bricodepot and good value... better than LRM!  It's nice to have a sink in this room!  Now I need the kitchen to decide which crockery and cutlery I shall keep as basics and keep to display as special crockery because I have some very nice things in boxes. Then I must sell what I do not need!!! Oh that will be hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.