Friday 10 July 2015

Little Bird sings her heart in Happy Birthday LOVE....

My son has another birthday!  I wish he would let the past see a future. I have tried and am not sure what more I can do.  Everyone makes mistakes but sometimes we just need to start again!  When people will not move their thinking and start to blame and criticise, there can be no progress.
I learnt that to my cost in various scenarios from the past.  I have had to learn not to do it!
In fact the heart, mind and body die whilst trying to protect oneself.
It is like drawing the curtains and blocking out the light, closing the door and window instead of opening them wide to let in sunshine, good humour and an open heart...

Wherever he is, whatever he is doing, whatever he is thinking, I love him with all my heart as a parent whose little bird sings to him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY.   I cherished him through difficult years after a 36 hr difficult birth.  I asked of him too much and yet not enough.  I gave him such a lot and yet never emough! I wanted him to be successful and possibly then I wanted to bathe in his glory, and he is and has been successful but not in the way that I anticipated.   I acknowledge that his way of life is good for him,  even if it would not be my choice.  I have been very proud of his talents, skills, ability, knowledge, sense of humour,  as well as deeply sad that he too has had to battle with depression... but I know now it can be turned around and isn't always a negativity. Depression or feeling low is a signal that something is not quite right in one's life.  He is a very talented man and can make beautiful items. He used to take wonderful photos. He cycles without gears. He can make with metal, wood. He lives on a steel vessel which he has lovingly renovated.
It is not a truth to say I have never praised him, which is what his wife believes.  He knows who he is... and he knows who I am, and hopefully soon he will come to understand what it is to be a not perfect parent.  Hopefully, he will understand that my life journey is how it has been and that I am indeed his mother.  Hopefully, one day he will be able to sing again with me! He and his wife!
"And Your Bird Can Sing"

You tell me that you've got everything you want
And your bird can sing
But you don't get me, you don't get me

You say you've seen Seven Wonders and your bird is green
But you can't see me, you can't see me

When your prized possessions start to weigh you down
Look in my direction, I'll be 'round, I'll be 'round

When your bird is broken will it bring you down
You may be awoken, I'll be 'round, I'll be 'round

You tell me that you've heard every sound there is
And your bird can swing
But you can't hear me, you can't hear me 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.