Wednesday 15 July 2015

Three hours by bike and foot

I had wanted to cycle a route that I had walked with a friend and before that with an organised walking group.   We set off from my house on the cycles one late evening as it began to cool down. Across the bridge, turn left to Le pied Griffé and continue to various hameaux.  En route we stopped to take pics by the water and I was immediately pounced upon by mossies. Keep pedalling and moving! Once away from the water I sometimes had to walk as I have a road bike. I must get into the habit of riding the hybrid one with shock absorbers.


 We stopped for fruit and nut  refreshments and plenty of water.
 Then came a tractor dance.  One man, one tractor brings one trailer of hay bales from the field where others waited to be brought in after the wheat grain had been taken either that day or a few days before. He took no more than apx ten minutes or so to unload about 16 circular bales and stack in the grange. Imagine how many men and how many days it would have taken! It was fascinating!
Onwards...
and in the woodlanded area there was a deer....
Back to La Place where a private party for neighbours living in the houses surrounding La Place were having an annual public party.  Needless to say the bar visitors of whom there were many enjoyed the music too.
At home we ate a lamb steak...
and the day after, I roasted aubergines... I like this, especially when anchovies are squeezed between the fingery shaped halves of fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.