Tuesday 29 December 2015

The fifth of twelve

On the fifth day of Christmas
all was as still and quiet as a mouse ... in my house ...
as I listened to the radio.
I told myself that I wasn't being lazy as I spread out on the settee in front of the warm woodburner mid morning.   I WAS being focused. I WAS concentrating,  listening to issues of the 21st century that I know little about.  It was Woman's Hour; subject - transgender issues.
Then ...
in the quiet of the day,
battling with lack of concentration to do much at all
I
cleared garden weed debris to take to the dechetterie
wrote hand written letters to people I like
cleared paper stuff that no one else has generated
brought in logs
ate eggs
visited the cats and chickens - two eggs today.  One cat wasn't there; the other wanted to play.
invited people for aperos when really I want to be the one to be invited. I can be gracious.
celebrated peace and quiet
enjoyed the still small voice of calm.
Hark! what can one hear?
PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.