Monday 28 December 2015

The fourth of twelve

On the fourth day of Christmas my own LOVE said to me:

"What are you going to have for breakfast?"
"EGGS!"
"Ah YES! Eggs! those lovely pretty chickens will have some more for me today!
Let's have two boiled eggs for breakfast."
And so I did!
Then:
discipline took me under control! 
SELF-LOVE says I must balance the budget for the year and see what good cheer could be made in 2016. Not a lot! Rather scary!

Later, I collected three eggs from four chickens. Tonight it will be a kind of frittata with rocket, potatoes, smoked salmon and EGGS!! ... if I can scramble it together in the oven part of the micro-combi, having sautéed the rocket and boiled the last of the Charlotte potatoes. It wasn't too bad but 15 minutes was too long - 12 might have been better.  However, all this shows the wonder of having a real oven. Never, ever, be without a REAL OVEN. It's absolutely necessary if one loves food! 
Bon oeuf!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.