Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas 2015: Angles sur L’Anglin
MERRY CHRISTMAS 2015 as I've sent no cards or gifts this year. 
But I DO send a gift of LOVE, CARE, HOPE for better times! 
HOPE that Family and Friends relate kindly!
HOPE that displaced people find safety, warmth, shelter, food, purpose, income and an expression of their own talents, skills and intelligence.
Two Poems: Two birds: Five Photos: Two February months of a French Wintry World

Les Petits Oiseaux: SweetpeainFrance copyright December 2015

I have no photo of a blackbird, no poem of robin.
Yet on my roofs 'des petits oiseaux' stand and sing:
“Bon Noël”- we bring for you “une année heureuse,”
whilst Sweetpea sings Peace for Earth, Sky, Universe
Jewels for a Blackbird, returning summer and spring,
here is my poem to ring ding a ling.
Hope, Health, Happiness – All is Everything.

​Robin February 2015 copyright

Jewels for a Blackbird: SweetpeainFrance  copyright February 2012

Today I was singing and dancing 
as I stepped through the snowy hedged woodland 
where the angled branches of the trees criss-crossed each other 
as the patterns highlighted by white snow
rested on the tops of the lines of the branches. 

I had no camera. 

Today I was singing and dancing 
along the snow-packed lane feeling the joy of living 
to witness such regal majesty
of the wintry phenomena of frozen water 
and the prints imprinted of animals, humans, wheeled vehicles,
skis and toboggans; 
all had been there before me with tracks to places known and unknown. 

Today I was singing and dancing 
to let the bright light into my eyes and heart 
and let it make me tired and content.

Today I was singing and dancing
as blackbird hungrily ate the beautiful red jewelled pendants
hanging in a garden not far from the river.  

Jewels for a blackbird.  Will he sing and dance for me?

​The Chateau Angles sur L'Anglin: February 2015 
The End of the End of Year Message! 

Roof 1 Oiseau 1
Best wishes for 2016 
Roof 2 Oiseau 2


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas. Sending warm thoughts your way for an improved 2016!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear what you think.