Wednesday 30 December 2015

The sixth of twelve

On the sixth day of Christmas ...

I collected two eggs.
Two cats had a playful fight for supremacy.

Les pompiers arrived.  I was glad to donate in exchange for a calendar. They gave me a receipt.
One had worked 27 years as a voluntary fireman, the other four.
One was an arboriste and the other researched argile for the ceramicists. Fascinating. 
 Two new part time neighbours who'd asked for advice earlier this year were invited for aperos... so I made blinis which were more like Scotch pancakes - delicious kept warm on the woodburner eaten with or without hummous. Vouvray - an early celebration of the change of year for me!

How lovely to receive flowers to add to my poinsettia.
I remember arriving in France 12 years ago and being in shock horror about the price of flowers. These days the supermarkets and florists have cottoned on to present bouquets and even wrapped plants at an affordable price.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.