Saturday 1 June 2019

Curtains

At last, the curtains desired on two doors that separate three rooms, now prevent peeping through to the next room. In 2014, I bought three pairs of the same beautiful 100% cotton curtains from IKEA as I intended to hang as dividers in the huge GRAND SALON, but then I was gifted a mini turbine for convection of the heat throughout the 40m2 room.  I hung one pair at the French doors into my bedroom. My beautiful cream Laura Ashley curtains hang in my bedroom.  These curtains and fabric design are not anymore produced by IKEA.
They were chosen for black outlined roses and little birds design, as I had decided to call my house "Le Petit Oiseau" on account of the locally made pottery birds put onto the roofs of the 'lucarnes' of each attic. I am hopelessly impatient these days with the sewing machine so I was enormously grateful to the wife of my gardener who understood what I needed and was able to check and verify my measurements.
It took me over 3 years to complete the interior design idea: everything comes to those who wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.