Sunday 23 June 2019

Music Night In France

I decided to drag myself out of my Saturday mind, concerned about family & thinking 'how did it get like this....??' into 'getting warmer by the hour', a beautiful sunshiny day.  I headed toward Le Grand Pressigny but continued to Le Petit Pressigny to see one of four art expositions with 12 artists exhibiting.   I chose an artist I know.  It was a splendid, simple, effective exposition of wonderful photography of light and feathers with interesting ceramic sculpture influenced by marine form.

Back through the beautiful verdant, untainted valley of L'Aigronne to La FĂȘte de la Musique where people I know were performing.   I missed some groups as there were two stages.  
There were lovely healthy salads for 2 e per bowl. BUT Steak and Chips was on offer by one of the stages for which I had been yearning for a while. A delicious apple tart with too much flaky pastry for my liking was so nice washed down with rosé wine and dining al fresco with others was a treat I have not had for a very very long time.
 



Good Company. Good Food. Good Music.  Good decorations from recycled plastics.
 The jazz orchestra did a number by Stevie Wonder and "Knock on Wood".
Good female singer.   Scottish Jim sung old rock songs and then Celtiqua played Irish Music.

 I had a discussion with Tim about the pronunciation of  words  deriving from CELT... we were in agreement,  BUT, now I  learn that a hard k and soft ce are each deemed to be correct for English phonology.

At the parking place I think one pot has been removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.