Thursday 20 June 2019

My Three Piano Accordions

It was the first public performance I've done for about 4 or 5 years.
Standing was easier in heels but a warm evening breeze liked to play 'snatch my ancient music' from pegged music stand and table, so after about an hour I gave in to the wind.  I have recently dug out accordion pieces I played when I was 12 -14 years of age which I haven't played for decades   so those lovely concertos which need the pages to be turned need to be photocopied and mounted onto card. Unfortunately, I have never mastered learning by heart piano  recorder or piano accordion music.

I don't have any photos of yesterday evening when I played for the opening of a photographic exhibition in the village square with the newly appointed bar / restaurant. They are waiting for the kitchen to be finished before serving meals.

I played my newly purchased Italian Piermaria 240 accordion with 80 basses,weigh 9,2 kg which  had not been played by previous owner for 15 years.   I think it must be between 15 and 20 years old
It's one kilo lighter than my Italian Marinucci 120 bass 10, 2 kg which was bought when I was 10, so 60 years ago, and then it was secondhand. I think it must be between 61 and 65 years old. It was Santa who bought me my first accordion when I was 7 years old.  Initially, I was taught after primary school hours by my maths teacher. She was French but within a short soace of time I needed a much bigger instrument as I could not play any more pieces on the little Hohner Mignoni 8 basses.  Then I started to have lessons with Martin Lukins in Uxbridge. I remember playing a black accordion.  I don't know if my parents hired or bought the one I played before I was ten years old.  I remember sitting on the edge of the settee in the front walk-through living room at 10 Saxon Avenue, Hanworth, Middlesex with my chin pointed upwards resting on the accordion and my knees supporting the weight. My father hand-stitched a leather buckled back-strap to keep the accordion straps from slipping off my shoulders. It was in the same place for years and years, after I paid a company in Scotland to tune the Marinucci about 25 years ago.  It had new straps and an integrated back strap.
Then ...last year ... with decluttering I moved it ... and I need it now for the PierMaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.