Tuesday 6 September 2011

A new story begins of a second new life in France

September 2011 - the approach of Autumn

I can hear the water flowing deeper
in the rippling, rappling river,
amidst the shifting shafts of sunlight sparkling through the bending boughs.

I can feel the brisk, breeze blowing
in my face, hair tingling, tangling 
causing me to shake my head in laughter to see again the view.

I can hear the regular, rhythmic trudge
as I climb the rugged slope,
avoiding rocks and roots of trees for space where feet can be placed.

I can see the change of season
as the browns and greens transform
the track of the leafy, shady arbour where many have walked before.

I can crunch the sharp, black, juicy fruit
of blackberries untouched,
Fronds of fennel, oregano wild and sweet pink marjoram clutched.

I can knock the dark brown walnuts
out of their green protective case,
one stamp and wiggle out nutmeat, to eat as a tasty treat.

I can smell the warmth of history
as I pass the secret garden gate
of a tiny hidden house overhanging forbidden Magdalenian caves.

I can be the buzzard flying
gracefully, regally, high
above the earth-brown, autumn tilled field, eagle eyes searching for prey.

Praise the wind, the sun and earth
for all that it supplies
to give me hope and radiance -  a feast before my eyes.

I can tread these walks of a village I love,
choose a new path every day,
celebrate the gift of life, for tomorrow, we know not come what may.

This is this.
A gift for all my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear what you think.